- The Stakeholder Relation Officer is responsible for supporting the initiation and coordination of strategic relationships and partnerships with communities/settlements, health professionals, local government, community service organizations and other relevant stakeholders to improve the program.
- The role will also entail advocating and promoting the awareness of the organization.
Advocacy to improve coverage (30%):
- Develop opportunities to engage religious and community leaders in order to create goodwill for the study and intervention of ABAE
- Create of avenues to engage Fathers and Mothers in settlements
- Engage in strengthening relationships with key government, religious, NGO and INGO partners of ABAE
- Take prompt action to resolve supply-side issues as well and provide advance warning about any other potential issues.
- Assist in the organizing of events to raise awareness about the ABAE intervention
- Increase awareness of SERICC and promote NI / ABAE Initiative in SERICC
- Promote the goals and objectives of ABAE during meetings
- Engage partners and build networks
- Improve of positive perception of CCT in order to improve access
- Create awareness and coverage of the CCT
- Maintain good relationships with staff at the Ministry and Primary Health Care Dev Agency in the State
- Build relationships to facilitate engagements with stakeholders even up to the Governor’s office
Security Awareness (5%):
- Report all security incidents in areas of operations including incidents that do not directly affect staff and/or operations
- Take responsibility for personal safety and the safety of team members as applicable on the field
- Read and understand all Security documents on the context of operations including SOPs and Country Security Plan
Other duties/Special Projects (5%):
- Other requests that may be assigned by Management.
Education and Work Experience:
- HND, B.Sc or equivalent
- Professional qualifications in the NGO sector will be advantageous.
- 1 - 3 years relevant experience (preferably in an NGO).
Skills and Competencies:
- Nigerian nationals already based in the states targeted for this position.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree, preferably in the field of health or other natural sciences
- Experience with the Nigerian health system and clinic documentation, particularly related to infant health and vaccinations
- Passion to help others and reduce infant mortality
- Very good communication and writing skills, English, Hausa, and dialects (verbal and written)
- Excellent responsiveness to email and phone requests
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel, internet browsers, smartphones and new communications technology in general
- Motivation to work in a young organization that is constantly changing based on stakeholder feedback and operates with a lean structure
- Proficiency in English Language (conversation, reading, and writing) is required
- Knowledge of Hausa Language (conversation and reading) is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online