Responsible for overseeing and implementing program operations under the respective assigned State. The State Field Manager will support project implementation in public health clinics, including facilitating technical assistance, outreach, network building, assigned budget administration, and the execution of relevant events.
He/she will be responsible for the overall output of operations in their state.
SFM Key Duties and Responsibilities
State Coordination (40%)
- myDay submissions all completed (activities, expenses, time, task reporting)
- Manage and develop State Budget Requests based on KPI’s and in-depth understanding of outstanding issues, and recommendations from the Field Managers and Field Officers.
- Manage Activities and KPIs (Coverage, Imm Rate, Discrepancies) within budget
- Ensuring programs run efficiently and effectively by Modifying clinic schedule based on requests and factors (e.g. assessment of coverage)
- Promptly resolving issues identified by the Audits & Investigation unit and console reviewers, identifying and mitigating instances of these issues at other operating clinics/LGAs
- Work with the Operation Coordinator in collaboration with the Deputy Expansion Coordinator to develop and successfully implement the program goals.
- Manage project timelines and effective completion of project deliverables based on the Work Plan, while ensuring timely reporting
- Assist with budget preparation and monitoring for all project-related activities and ensure appropriate tracking of expenses based on the Work Plan.
Stakeholder Management (10%)
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders at the State level for prompt resolution of programmatic concerns, in-person access when needed and additional representation.
- Provide effective supply-side follow up,
- Participate in Health Partners Meeting, Campaign Flag offs.
- Participate in LIOs meetings,
- Conduct monthly LGA visits to ensure LGA stakeholders are kept abreast with happenings and we are solving issues from the government side.
- Provide weekly CCT breaches update to the stakeholders
Meetings and Trainings(20%)
- Lead implementation of community, state, and partner events, activities, meetings, briefings, and seminars.
- Propose quarterly and ongoing trainings to improve managers and FOs ability to detect and mitigate fraud
- Assist with training and role playing for awareness and sensitization meetings.
- Coordinate and participate in check-ins Meetings.
- Represent the organization and project at meetings, conferences and other events when assigned.
Administration & Reporting (15%)
- Ensure all Field Managers, Assistant Field Managers and Field Officers meet responsibilities for conducting in-person supervision visits, reviewing submissions and providing coaching.
- Identify core issues affecting clinics and settlements.
- Assess status of Unit objectives and KPIs
- Complete review of Field Managers’ Daily Check-in to have a holistic view of clinic operations
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly forms within timelines
- Implement performance management system to identify best and worst performers and assist in PIP and firing of non-performers).
- Review of discrepancies and mitigative actions to reduce (myTransfer, HR Report)
- Develop procurement work plan, manage costs, and confirm distribution for ongoing operations
- Ensure staff comply with the NI rules and regulations and complete assigned training within the state.
- Address any non compliance and misconduct within the state of operation and escalate to the HR unit or audit unit where necessary.
- Collaborate with FMs to escalate to the HR or Audit units on employee’s performances or PIP.
- Support employees under your state where necessary to mitigate or avoid discrepancies in day to day activities.
Project & Task Management (5%)
- Lead projects as implemented by NI leadership.
- Assign tasks as per task management tool.
- Advance project goals using a variety of proven research, advocacy and program implementation techniques.
Security Awareness (5%)
- Make decisions on ad hoc security mitigation.
- Keep Chief Operating Officer and Operations Coordinator informed of significant events and development.
- Liaise with the Security Unit in case of critical incidents and potential deterioration of the security situation and disseminating relevant information.
- Report all security incidents in areas of operations including incidents that do not directly affect staff and/or operations .
- Take responsibility for personal safety and the safety of team members as applicable on the field
- Read and understand all Security documents in the context of operations including SOPs and Country Security Plan.
Other duties (5%)
- As assigned by leadership (Not more than 5% of role)
- Provide recommendations to Human Resources Managers based on feedback from Field Managers.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the OC or Senior Managers.
Education and Work Experience
- B.Sc or equivalent, Masters will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years relevant experience working in the field. It is desirable that at least 2 of these years be spent working at a senior level with a locally based or international organization.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (especially in Hausa).
- Good Budget management skill
- Strong customer service and people management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities or multitask and reports.
- Ability to manage large team
- Ability to handle pressure
- Highly proactive with a very strong sense of accountability.
All submissions should be through breezy.hr by filling out this Google Form questionnaire. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis and are encouraged to not wait until the deadline as decisions for this position could be taken sooner.