New Incentives uses a cost-effective, evidence-based approach to increase routine childhood vaccinations in northern Nigeria, a region with some of the highest child mortality rates and lowest childhood vaccination rates in the world. Working within government clinics and in conjunction with existing programs, New Incentives provides small cash incentives to caregivers after their infant has received the latest round of vaccinations while also raising awareness about vaccinations and supporting vaccine supply efforts. New Incentives has been named a top charity by GiveWell for three years in a row.
Position Title: Accounting and Finance Support
Supervisor: Accounting Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Accounting and Finance
Location: North West, Nigeria
Closing Date: Open until fulfilled (candidates are considered on a rolling basis, applying sooner has an advantage)
All submissions should be sent through Breezy and by filling out this Google Form on or before 16-Jan-2023
We are seeking a detail-oriented individual with previous experience in accounting and finance as well as experience working for a non-profit. The ideal candidate will be located in Jigawa, Katsina, or Zamfara states or willing to relocate. The position provides flexibility as most work will be completed remotely with occasional trips to the field in order to perform audits of field activities.
- Support the Accounting and Finance Team to achieve the organization's goals and support compliance.
- Review staff’s office money fund and field expense submissions.
- Review and coordinate with suppliers regarding documentation, quotation, and payment.
- Conduct field activity audits of staff activities and clinic visits.
- Coordinate with bank and bankers as necessary, including bank class and branch visits
- Contribute to core accounting and finance procedures and processes.
- Ensure that the organization is up-to-date with Nigeria's required accounting and finance-related compliance.
- Assist with any required filing related to accounting and finance.
- Assist with carrying out weekly routine accounting protocols.
- Support regular financial reporting to different units and teams.
Qualifications and Skills
- B.Sc. or HND in Accounting, Finance, or Social Sciences disciplines. A professional certification (such as ICAN, ANAN, or ACCA) would be a bonus.
- A minimum of two to three years experience working in finance and accounting support such as financial reporting, audit and investigations, internal control, or compliance.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working for a non-profit, charitable organization, or (I)NGO.
- Preferably a candidate already based in Jigawa, Katsina, or Zamfara State.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to take the initiative and creatively problem solve.
- Comfortable in an environment that embraces evaluation and quality improvement.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English, Hausa, and dialects (verbal and written).
- Sound cultural awareness and the ability to work in multicultural and multiethnic environments.
- Proactive and process-oriented.
- Proficient in Google Workspace.
- Cross-cultural experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in English Language (conversation, reading, and writing)
- Knowledge of the Hausa Language (conversation and reading)
What you can expect from this role
- An opportunity to work with an innovative team that was recently recognized as one of the most cost-effective charities in the world
- A job that will directly lead to many lives being saved by preventing the spread of dangerous diseases through the uptake of childhood vaccinations
- Working under the direct supervision of the Chief Operating Officer
- An opportunity to work with a highly accountable and passionate team
- A healthy work-life balance
- The flexibility of working remotely for most of the year
- A position with significant growth opportunities
We invite applicants who are highly motivated, detail-oriented and have demonstrated a good fit with the organization's principles of accountability, diligence, and cost-effectiveness. In this role, you will receive significant responsibility and will be responsible for delivering consistently. This role is only for those who are able to meet the challenges of a quickly growing organization running a pioneering program with unique execution. If you succeed in this role, there will be significant opportunities to grow.
New Incentives is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity for making employment decisions based on merit and value. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment. We desire to maintain a work environment free of harassment or discrimination due to race, sex, color, religion, disability, national origin, or age.