Program Protocol and Operations Audit (40%)
- Review current audit and compliance processes towards developing an audit and compliance plan and protocol.
- Provide accurate assessments, proper documentation and insightful recommendations.
- Assess staff's compliance with the policies of the organization and program implementation guidelines.
- Talk to various stakeholders, including beneficiaries, to get feedback on issues and gaps for the organization.
- Confidentially carry out on-ground investigations against specific employees or operational areas.
- Plan and review the auditing activities including reporting adherence to routine immunization procedure by clinic staff, program, and cash management procedures by employee.
- Confirm clinic gifts and other procured organizational items are being distributed per schedule to stakeholders or related end users.
- Ensure timely completion and reporting of audits.
- Complete Investigation Procedures and Status each week
Fraud Identification and Investigation (30%)
- Develop and implement effective strategies for the detection and prevention of fraud in the organization or during program implementation.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of auditors to ensure an effective unit.
- Collaborate with lawyers and law enforcement agents to execute plans for the resolution of fraud cases.
- Conduct interviews with staff and stakeholders to obtain intelligence on the degree of involvement of a fraudulent incident and extent of financial loss to the organization.
- Seek and analyze relevant documents and dashboards , evidence and data to identify inconsistencies in organizational records and programming.
- Maintain reports of all audits and investigations.
- Plan for periodic field visits for onsite and offsite investigations
- Synthesize information and strategies required to apprehend fraud suspects and recover organizational funds or assets.
- Develop and implement processes and guidelines effective for the prevention or mitigation of fraud risks.
- Make appearances during court hearings, if necessary, to testify as witnesses and present evidence to back up testimonies in a fraud litigation.
Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement (20%)
- Monitor the implementation of the conditional cash transfer intervention to ensure compliance with the rules and regulations of donors.
- Monitor the operations of New Incentives - All Babies Are Equal Initiative (NI-ABAE) to ensure compliance with Nigerian laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Protocol review and compliance review across the board, including compliance with cash disbursement protocol, transportation safety and rate expectations, stakeholder engagement procedures, security reporting, communication and management protocols, and internal and external communication guidelines.
- Review compliance with operations and supply-side issues identification, reporting, and resolution.
- Inform any observed weaknesses with clear recommendations in protocols and internal employee relationships.
- Liaise with appropriate governmental agencies to identify and obtain required approvals and documents.
- Review and gathering of evidence to comply with audit requirements and ensure internal implementation of Audit recommendations.
- Provide technical supervision and guidance to the audit and compliance unit.
- Support the recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication of necessary manpower required for internal audit and compliance.
- Identify training needs, train, follow up and coach, carry out periodic evaluation of team members to maximize their capabilities and commitment to organizational goals.
- Undertake any other administrative duties, or training and development, appropriate to the grade of the position.